Social Icons

.

Friday 12 April 2013

M2K Unveils 2013 Costumes

M2K (Masquerde Mas 2000) Launched Weekend gone : 6th April 2013 @ The Last,Athene Place.
There 2013 Theme ' Atlantis the lost Paradise '

SECTIONS - GUARDIANS OF THE DEEP
 


     



  

  SECTION- FLORALIA

 

SECTION-OCEANIA



SECTION- CELESTIAL NYMPHS



SECTION -MARIANAS


 


Launch Photos courtesy UK Soca scene

  






Video of the Launch


My Favourites : hmmm I am not sure I have a favourite in this band, but I do like a few bits and pieces from each section. For instance in Celestial Nymphs I love the colours and draping effect of the material used for the bra.
Guardians of the deep; I love the colour choices in this section, and the fact that there is so much going in with the costume that it really depicts a guardian of the deep,also love the idea of  3 choices for headpieces and large backpack,however i am not a fan of the Marianas, to me it looks very childish with that huge fish on the large back-piece, but that's just my opinion..
Overall Thoughts: I can honestly say that all the costumes reflect the theme 100%, but they all have that old school feel about them , besides the white which is the only one that looks a bit modern.(with those ever so popular wings...lol lol ) . I get that back in the day 'Legends' type feel from these sections.

So lets see what the remaining Bands have to offer this year. Competition is tight now,everyone has stepped up their game.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed at carnival 2013 that M2K had changed their costumes and added three others sections a purple, pink and orange. Well, the Purple and Pink costumes were kicking. Cannot M2K make more costumes like THE NEW SECTIONS WHICH WERE ADDED. all the other costumes looked very dated and a quite a pitiful. Come on M2K YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Disclaimer

The views reflected by this blog are mine alone. All Content is informational only. I make reasonable efforts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all content of the blog. However, I do not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information on this blog. There are various risks you assume in relying on the Content. I make reasonable efforts to provide accurate Content on the blog, but at times I may not promptly update or correct the blog even if I am aware that it is inaccurate, outdated or otherwise inappropriate.

While at times, I highlight certain services, websites, merchandise and such, I do not endorse any product. Nor do I use this blog to sell any merchandise. Neither do I endorse the opinions of, or warrant the accuracy of facts nor other Content contributed by, any third party. I am not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Content.
This blog does not assume copyright for images used that are not owned by dcarnivalinsder.blogspot.com such images are used only to illustrate a point or when they are relevant to an article written by the author of dcarnivalinsider. If you are the owner of the image and would like it removed please contact dcarnivalinsider@gmail.com

Translate

Google +

Nottinghill Carnival

Notting Carnival is one of Europe's Biggest Street festival and is always celebrated on the August Bank Holiday where every year the streets of West London come alive, with the sounds and smells of Europe’s biggest street festival. Twenty miles of vibrant colorful costumes surround over 40 static sound systems, hundreds of Caribbean food stalls,over 40,000 volunteers and over 1 million Notting Hill carnival revellers.

The Notting Hill Carnival usually gets under way on the Saturday with the steel band competition. Sunday is Kids’ Day. On the Bank Holiday Monday, the main parade takes place. It generally begins on Great Western Road, then winds its way along Chepstow Road, on to Westbourne Grove, and then Ladbroke Grove. In the evening, the floats leave the streets in procession, and people carry continue partying at the many Notting Hill Carnival after parties.